Household Hazardous Waste
Print This Page
Attention Chrome browser users, please refresh your browser by clicking here.
UnderTheSink has reopened with these restrictions:
- Re-Store, Offices, and Restrooms will not be accessible to the public. (not reopened)
- Appointments are required for all drop offs. Appointment required—402-444-7465, no exceptions.
- Appointments are required to pick up a recycling bin via drive through. Appointment required 402-444-7465. No exceptions.
- Appointments for material drop-off are for one household only. Please do not bring your neighbors' waste.
- Citizens must remain in their car at all times.
- Material being dropped off must be in the trunk or truck bed away from passengers and readily apparent what is being disposed.
- Due to call volume, return calls for appointments may be delayed. Be sure to answer calls from 402-444-_ _ _ _.
- Appointment are made for the current week and following week only.
Call 402-444-sink  for an appointment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
While you are waiting...
If you have the items listed below, there are other options instead of waiting for an appointment.
- Latex Paint (cleans up with water): This paint is not hazardous and when solid may go to the landfill. For instructions to dry the paint out, click here.
- Fluorescent bulb, and Compact Fluorescents: Are accepted at Batteries Plus stores click here.
- Rechargeable Batteries are accepted at:
- Batteries Plus stores click here.
- Or find other locations that accept recyclable batteries click here.
- Glues/Adhesives: Once solid may go to the landfill. Follow instructions similar to drying out paint by clicking here.
- Spray Bottle Cleaning products: May be flushed down the toilet if you are on a municipal sewer system. Only empty one product at a time, flushing between each product.
Serving Douglas and Sarpy Counties
4001 South 120th Street
| || |
What does UnderTheSink accept?
Click here to read and be prepared for using the facility. Or click here for the same information in an Acrobat® brochure format.
For Douglas and Sarpy County residents only.
Proof of residency is required.
No business waste is accepted.
This includes waste from home based businesses, rental property owners/manager, and non-profit entities.
Tires, appliances and electronics are not accepted.